WE RESPECT YOUR PRIVACY!
Simply Sofa Company will never pass on your details for other companies to contact you. This protects you from receiving unwanted post, emails and telephone calls.
We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
In addition you can stop receiving information from us at any time: simply contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
- your name
- telephone number
- email address where applicable
- credit/debit card details– however not held on any database
- how you found out about Simply Sofa Company
- We will never collect sensitive information about you without your explicit consent.
PURPOSE AND USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect information about you:
- To respond to your enquiry for information regarding our products and services received from you by mail, email, fax, and telephone.
- To administer payment, process and fulfil your order.
- To keep you informed about new and existing products and services from Simply Sofa Company that are similar to those you have enquired about or purchased.
- To make you aware of latest offers from Simply Sofa Company.
- To use information for internal research purposes, such as product and service development.
We will never sell or supply your data to external companies.
Simply Sofa Company uses industry standard practices to safeguard the confidentiality of your personal identifiable information. Our internal computer system is protected by a firewall to prevent intrusions (“hacking”) via the Internet.
Simply Sofa Company website uses a Thawte server certificate to verify our use of Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software. This ensures that all sensitive information sent by you – such as credit card numbers – is encrypted and securely transmitted when you place your order.
You will see the padlock symbol displayed on your web browser when you are transferred to our secure server.
Cookies are small files that we store on your computer’s hard drive (via your web browser) to aid the functionality of our website. These cookies may contain some or all of the following information:
- The details of how you arrived at our website including
- The date you first viewed the site.
- The address of the web page from which you arrived at our website.
- Any search details you used to find our site (e.g. typing “leather chesterfields” into a search engine).
- The first page you viewed when you arrived at our site (also know as a “landing page”).
- The version of your web browser and the type of files it can accept.The operating system type and version that your computer uses.
THIS DATA IS USED:
- To enable us to maintain your shopping basket and accept any order you may make.
- To track the success of online advertising/other online marketing activities.
- To help us resolve technical issues.
Your web browser will have options to do the following:
- Prevent cookies being accepted from individual websites.
- Prevent cookies being accepted from all websites.
- Notify you each time a cookie is accepted.
Please consult your browser’s help files (found on the Help menu of most browsers) for instructions on how to use these options.
If you decide to reject cookies from www.simplysofa.co you will not be able to register or place an order online. This is because a cookie is used to store your user ID. If you still wish to order from us, but do not wish to accept a cookie, please call 0333 577 0098 and our sales team will be happy to take your order via the telephone.
The Internet Advertising Bureau UK run a website to provide further information about cookies and how they are used.
YOUR RIGHTS AND RESPECTING YOUR CHOICE OF COMMUNICATION METHODS
If you are an existing or new Simply Sofa Company customer (i.e. you have made your first or a number of repeat purchases) via our website, you will continue to receive communications as normal by mail and email. You will additionally be given the opportunity to indicate your preferred method of communication each time we contact you.
If you are contacting Simply Sofa Company for the first time, either by email, website order, telephone or mail order, you will be asked to indicate your preferred methods of communication. You can update or change your preferences at any time by contacting us at email@example.com. The information we hold will be accurate and up to date. This will be checked each time you order. You can check the information that we hold about you by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similarly if you find any inaccuracies, we will make the necessary amendments promptly or suppress your record in accordance with your communication preferences. Should you have any specific queries regarding your privacy, please contact us at email@example.com.